- 5 February 2016
- Student Symposium Highlights Future Multimedia Research Potential. (Full story)
- 3 November 2015
- ACM Multimedia 2016 will be held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands during 15-19 October 2016.
- 3 November 2015
- ACM Multimedia 2015 has been successfully hosted in Brisbane, with over 500 delegates from all over the world.
- 29 October 2015
- Several awards have been announced. Congratulations to all winners!
1: Best Paper
Analyzing Free-standing Conversational Groups: A Multimodal Approach Xavier Alameda-Pineda, Yan Yan (University of Trento, Italy), Elisa Ricci, Oswald Lanz (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy), Nicu Sebe (University of Trento, Italy)
2: Best Student Paper
An Affordable Solution for Binocular Eye Tracking and Calibration in Head-mounted Displays Michael Stengel, Steve Grogorick (TU Braunschweig, Germany), Elmar Eisemann (TU Delft, The Netherlands), Martin Eisemann (TH Koeln, Germany), Marcus A. Magnor (TU Braunschweig, Germany)
3: OSSC Winner
Theia: A Fast and Scalable Structure-from-Motion Library Chris Sweeney, Tobias Hollerer, Matthew Turk (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
4: Best PhD Symposium Student
Socializing Multimodal Sensors for Information Fusion Yuhui Wang (National University of Singapore)
5: Best Demo
Pan360: INS Assisted 360-Degree Panorama Yu-Hsin Lin, Yu-Mei Chen, Lun-Cheng Chu, Andre Chen, Scott Chien-Hung Liao, Edward Y. Chang (HTC Research, Taiwan)
6: Grand Challenge Winner
Evento 360: Social Event Discovery from Web-scale Multimedia Collection Jaeyoung Choi (International Computer Science Institute, USA / Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands) Eungchan Kim (Oracle America, Inc., USA) Martha Larson (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands) Gerald Friedland (International Computer Science Institute, USA) Alan Hanjalic (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- 27 October 2015
- The grand opening of ACM Multimedia 2015 was held in the morning. See the photos below. More photos on this exciting event will be posted on the Facebook and Twitter pages.
- 20 October 2015
- The ACM Multimedia 2015 Conference Proceedings is now available online from the ACM Digital Library for you to access prior to the conference. The Proceedings will remain freely accessible to delegates for a period of one month – up to 15 November 2015. We encourage you to download and read papers of interest before you arrive in Brisbane. A link to each paper is also available from our program. The Workshops Proceedings is still in preparation and we will notify you when it is released.
- 19 October 2015
- Social program has been posted.
- 28 September 2015
- Full conference program has been posted.
- 31 August 2015
- Presentation Instructions have been posted.
- 29 August 2015
- Program at a Glance has been posted.
- 25 August 2015
- A list of tutorials have been announced in the following link http://www.acmmm.org/2015/tutorials/. All tutorials will be run on 26 October, 2015.
- 23 August 2015
- The accommodation information is available online at http://www.acmmm.org/2015/the-venue/accomodation/.
- 11 August 2015
- The Inaugural SIGMM Workshop on Multimedia Frontiers will be held on Monday 26th October 2015. It will highlight presentations by invited Rising Star Speakers and discussion on multimedia frontier research. The event is open to all ACMMM participants. More information at http://sigmm.org/news/sigmm_workshop_mf.
- 15 July 2015
- In order to ensure early access of papers in the ACM Digital Library (2 weeks before the conference), the Proceedings Chairs have been working on moving some of the camera-ready deadlines a few days earlier from the general 15 August deadline. The updated dates can be found on the Call for Contributions page. Please contact the corresponding track chairs if you have any questions.
- 12 July 2015
- Information about student travel grants application has now been published. More details can be found on the Student Travel Grants page.
- 30 March 2015
- Due to overwhelming requests from authors, the full paper deadline has been extended to 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) UTC-7 on 3 April 2015.
- 24 March 2015
- Calls for participation for the workshops have now been published, see the individual workshop pages for more information.
- The deadline for video program submissions has been extended to 1 June.
- 18 March 2015
- Workshops have been finalised and basic information for each can be found on the Workshops page. Calls for workshop submissions will be published to this site as they are finalised and will be announced via our Twitter & Facebook channels.
- 25 February 2015
- The submission system is now open at https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/acmmm2015/
- 4 February 2015
- Reminder that the deadline for Workshop proposals is closing in fast. Please submit workshop proposals to the proposal submission form by 11:59pm AEST on 10 February 2015.
- Call for Full & Short Papers has been released. See the Call for Full & Short Papers for full details. Further calls for contribution will be available shortly. Follow us on Twitter (@acmmm2015) & on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/acmmm15) to get the latest news.
- Call for Sponsorship has been released. If you are interested in sponsoring the 2015 ACM Multimedia conference, please see our Call for Sponsorship