Call for Multimedia Grand Challenge Solutions
The Multimedia Grand Challenge presents a set of problems and issues from industry leaders and top academic institutions, geared to engage the Multimedia research community in solving relevant, interesting and challenging questions for multimedia on a 3-5 year vision.
The Multimedia Grand Challenge was first presented as part of ACM Multimedia 2009 and has established itself as a prestigious competition in the multimedia community. This year’s conference will continue the tradition by repeating previous challenges and by introducing brand new challenges.
- Microsoft – MSR Image Recognition Challenge
- Yahoo – Flickr Challenge on User Tag and Caption Prediction
- Microsoft – MSR Video to Language Challenge (updated on 29 april 2016)
- Sky and the Social Eye: Enriching Remote-Sensed Events
- Significantly address one of the challenges posted on the website.
- Depict working, presentable systems or demos, using the grand challenge dataset where provided.
- Describe why the system presents a novel and interesting solution.
The submissions (max 5 pages with the 5th page exclusively reserved for references) should be formatted according to ACM Multimedia formatting guidelines. Multimedia Grand Challenge reviewing is double-blind so authors shouldn’t reveal their identity in the paper. The finalists will be selected by a committee consisting of academia and industry representatives, based on novelty, presentation, scientific interest of the approaches, and for the evaluation-based challenges, on the performance against the task.
Accepted submissions will be published in the conference proceedings, and will be presented in a special event during the ACM Multimedia 2016 conference in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. At the conference, finalists will be requested to introduce their solutions, give a quick demo, and take questions from the judges and the audience.
Winners will be selected for Multimedia Grand Challenge awards based on their presentation.
- Grand Challenge (submissions are open)
- Submission Deadline: 6 July 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: 29 July 2016
- Camera-Ready Submission Deadline: 3 August 2016
For any questions regarding the Grand Challenges you can email the Multimedia Grand Challenge Chairs at email@example.com:
- Xavier Anguera (ELSA Corp.)
- Yan Shuicheng (Qihoo 360 & NUS)