ACM Multimedia 2017 - Makers’ Program
Call for Submissions
The ACM Multimedia Conference is a premier research venue for new multimedia technologies. This year, the conference will add a Makers’ Program where we invite interesting and innovative projects from makers of all stripes - whether you are a member of a community makerspace, an academic makerspace, a maker in industry, or just working on projects independently.
Projects should be tangible artifacts and demonstrations that conference attendees can interact with. Suitable project topics include, but are not limited to:
- Novel Interactions with Multimedia
- Multimedia Storytelling and Curation
- Multimedia for Collaboration and Public Spaces
- Telepresence and Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Mobile and Wearable Multimedia
- Multimedia Art, Entertainment and Culture
Exhibiting your project gives you a chance to enter into conversation with an international audience of researchers, students, and industry experts. We also plan to document all demonstrations and share videos of them online (if you give us permission to do so).
If accepted, you will show your projects on October 26, in the Grand Hall of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA.
What to submit:
- Required: A two page (maximum) description of the project and how attendees will interact with it. Use the ACM SIGCHI Extended Abstract Paper template (Word, Latex) and submit a PDF. We strongly encourage the use of images and figures to give a better sense of what attendees will experience.
- Required: A one page description of physical space/power/networking or other resource requirements, including any special requests to successfully exhibit your project. By default, we will provide every project with a table, poster easel, and power drop. Please use the format that you feel is most conducive to describing your requirements. Include a sketch of the proposed setup. Please submit this as second PDF.
- Required: Please state in your submission email is any of the authors are otherwise planning on attending ACM MM or if you would you solely participate to show your project.
- Optional: A URL to a video or other existing documentation of the project.
The conference registration page is at http://www.acmmm.org/2017/registrationtravel/registration/
We understand that some makers may not have access to academic or industrial funding sources for conference registrations. We are offering a discounted registration fee of $100 per person to participate in the Makers’ Program for makers not affiliated with a research program at a university or company. This registration is only good for the day of the Makers’ Program and only available to authors of accepted projects. If you are planning on attending any other events, please consider a regular conference registration. For visa information, please see the conference visa policy at http://www.acmmm.org/2017/registrationtravel/visa-information/.
|Submission deadline||September 29, 5pm Pacific Time|
|Notification of Acceptance||October 4 , 2017|
|Conference||October 26, 2017|
Submission format: via email to
For additional questions, please contact the Makers’ Program chairs, Igor Kozintsev and Bjoern Hartmann, at .