As a new addition, this year the ACM Multimedia conference is introducing Thematic Workshops. Inspired by the NIPS model, Thematic Workshops allow papers that could not be accommodated in the main conference to be presented to the research community. This year there will be four Thematic Workshops (organizers are shown in brackets):
- Experience [Wanmin Wu]
- Systems and Applications [Roger Zimmermann, He Ma]
- Engagement [Jianchao Yang]
- Understanding [Qi Tian]
If the authors of a paper indicated during the submission process that (a) they would like their manuscript to be considered for ‘Fast-track inclusion to MM'17 workshops’ and (b) the paper received a sufficiently high score from the reviewers during the review process then the paper was recommended by the Program Chairs for inclusion in the Thematic Workshops. Papers that were submitted under the Novel Topics or the COI theme were assigned to one of the four Thematic Workshops, based on the best fit of the paper focus.
Format of Workshops – Time/Date
The four Thematic Workshops will be held as poster sessions during the conference period. Further details on the exact times and dates will be announced in the near future. There will be no oral presentations. However, there will be a “pitch session” where all authors will be able to pitch their work with a short introduction in order to entice the attendees to visit their poster.
All authors are required to submit a short summary “pitch” (length TBD after workshop decision deadline) self-running Powerpoint presentation that introduces their work and encourages attendees to visit the authors’ poster. More details on how to prepare a pitch Powerpoint will follow soon.
The submission deadline for pitch Powerpoint slides is: September 1, 2017
Papers of the Thematic Workshops will appear in Thematic Workshop proceedings and in the ACM Digital Library. The paper format is 6 to 8 pages, plus at most 1 additional page for the references; i.e., the reference page is not counted to the page limit of 6 to 8 pages. Camera-ready submission information will be published here: http://www.sheridanprinting.com/typedept/mm.htm (If thematic workshops are not listed yet, then please check back soon).
The camera-ready deadline is: August 11, 2017
Presentation Information and Format
- The Pitch Session 1 and Session 2 will be held from 9-10:30 am in the Hahn Auditorium on Monday, 23 October, and Friday, 27 October. The authors have received an email to inform them whether they are part of Session 1 or Session 2. The order of the pitches are listed in the PDF (pages 15 and 16) available from the red box "Presentation Schedule" on the ACM Multimedia 2017 main page:
- The Poster Session 1 and Session 2 will be held for the remainder of each day (Monday and Friday) in the Grand Hall. The overview Conference Schedule is available from the red box "Conference Schedule" on the ACM Multimedia 2017 main page:
- There will be poster boards available to mount posters. The boards can accommodate posters of up to a size of 32x40 inches (close to, but a slightly smaller than A0).
For questions please email: