The travel.state.gov site has information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. The site also has links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements and should plan travel well in advance.
Requesting Visa Support Letters
- ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
- For visa support letters, refer all requests to . ACM suggests posting this address on the conference web-site. Those requesting a letter should allow up to 10 business days to receive it. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request.
- Name (as it appears on attendee’s passport) and mailing address.
- The name of the conference attendees is registering for.
- Attendee’s registration confirmation number.
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk.
- Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent.
- If an attendee requests a letter from the organizers (some embassies might require one), please contact your Conference Operations Liaison for a support letter template.
- ACM does not provide letters for transport of vendor or presenter equipment. ACM suggests shipping the materials insured to the conference facility.